“Buildings insurance covers the cost of rebuilding your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. It’s usually compulsory if you’re planning to buy your home with a mortgage and you may not be able to get one unless you take out buildings insurance.”

Source: Citizens Advice

Buildings Insurance

This insurance is taken out by the property owner to insure the property against risks such as fire, explosion, flood etc. The responsibility to insure the property often passes to the buyer on exchange of contracts. Building Insurance covers the cost of damage to the structure of your property.

Landlords Insurance is an insurance policy that protects landlords against loss or damage to their rental property. The cover usually includes protection against the same perils as standard Home Insurance, but often it can also protect against: tenants damaging the property, non payment of rent and your liability if an accident happens in your investment property, and a tenant is injured. It is vital that you have this form of cover on any Buy To Let property.

Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance covers your household possession against loss, damage or theft usually whilst they are in the home, though some policies may allow additional options to cover away from the home. Contents Insurance is not compulsory but it is wise to have.

It is sometimes very difficult to work out the value of your belongings but the easiest way to calculate would be to think if all of your contents were to burn in a fire – how much would it cost you to go out and buy everything new – it soon adds up! I will make sure that you have sufficient cover in place so that should the worst happen you will have the money to do this.

Whether you are looking to buy your first home, move house, re-mortgage or even purchasing an investment property, we will be with you every step of the way.